Tiny Desk Concerts | Grayson | What is Success? and more . . .
I've been pretty much glued to my bench 24/7. Which means my hands really hurt, but I've gotten to listen to TONS of great podcasts. Here are a few mostly un-holiday-related good things:
- I am absolutely smitten with this particular Tiny Desk Concert. The first song is hauntingly beautiful.
- I was overjoyed to happen upon this episode of This Is Love talking to the author of one of my favorite books. It is an amazing story of a young woman and a baby gray whale. You have to listen. I highly recommend her book of the story, Grayson,
- I'm still making tons of new jewelry every day to keep stocked up at Blue Genie and I'll be set up tomorrow at this fun little show in San Marcos. All my very latest stuff will be there, but you can use the code HOLIDAZE now through xmas for 10% off online. Order before midnight 12/16 for US xmas delivery.
- On the days you're feeling less than successful, remember this: "The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind. It needs people who live well in their places. It needs people of moral courage willing to join the fight to make the world habitable and humane. And these qualities have little to do with success as we have defined it.” – David W. Orr
- Make these complex looking but super easy giant snowflakes and hang them all over your home. Instant holiday cheer.
- I've been eating a lot of this simple salad because it's so easy and delish. Chop cucumbers, grape tomatoes & avocado. Throw them in a bowl with a few splashes of apple cider vinegar, good olive oil, salt and fresh ground black pepper. It's also very xmas-y looking, so would make a great addition to any holiday potlucks. (Where there are never enough veggie options!)
P.S. What good things did you come across this week? Let me know!
Get these Good Things direct to your inbox.